My Brief Taste Of Heaven

I was praying one night, and had gone quite deeply into worship. I remember saying to the Lord,"I feel so close to you right now, almost as though I could reach out and touch you."

Very suddenly, I found myself being taken through some kind of tunnel, and I was so terrified I just screamed and screamed as some force propelled me through that tunnel at incredible speed.

But the fear evaporated when I reached the end of the tunnel and found myself bathed in such incredible peace and love, the likes of which I had never experienced in my lifetime.

I saw my mother who had died years before. She was young and beautiful. Then I saw my aunt Dele and I said, "Hi aunt Dele....." to which she answered, "don't call me 'aunt' here, just call me Delie."

After a little while I heard a voice I instinctively knew was the Lord. He spoke to me saying, "you have to go back now."

"Oh no," I cried, "please don't send me back."

"You will return here some day," He said, "but for now you have to go back, it isn't your time."

"Only because you say so, Lord, will I go back willingly."

I did not come back in the terrifying way I had left. As soon as I had said those words, I was instantly back in my body, but never again to fear "dying." Instead, I'll always remember the joy I experienced with my brief taste of heaven.

Estelle M
California

No comments :

Post a Comment